Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finn is now blessed.

1


18 Weeks! Wow, how fast this time is flying. We went to our 4 month doctor appointment this week, and it is determined that Finn has a ticklish appendix and spleen :) Every time Dr. Collins checked his belly, he would just beam and coo. It was also determined that Finn is taking his own path and doing this "baby life" much different than his brother. Finn is now 17 lbs. (a weight Lucas hit at one year old), and 99% for height. He was so sad and pitiful for those shots, but I made sure he knew that I had nothing to do with it, it was that nurse's fault!

My parents came into town this weekend, my dad was speaking at Winterfest so my mom got a companion ticket to come along. She brought along this photo of her as a baby. . . look familiar?

This weekend was baby blessing for Finn at Otter Creek, along with 37 other babies! It was a special weekend, hence why Sugar made an appearance:) Otter Creek makes a big deal of Baby Dedication Sunday--it is pretty much Super Bowl Sunday for us mommas. 

The brothers all dressed up and ready to go! 




The service was beautiful, both parents and the church being charged with the responsibility of raising these babies and growing them to love and serve God. The shepherds prayed over the babies and Janet and Melanie (through tears) handed each baby their first Bible and book of blessings from different members at OC. Finn did great on stage too, I was wondering how that would go!

After first service, we regrouped--changed diapers, got some food for baby and then went to the Gathering room for some coffee and visiting with. . . .the PAULS! Jimmy and Beth were in town for a conference and came to see us. The luncheon after baby dedication Sunday has a table for each baby's family, and we were so thankful they could stay and be a part of that. Jimmy and Beth have been in our lives for a long time, always encouraging us, praying for us, and loving on us as we made hard decisions, life changes, and reached for our dreams.

The room was so bright and fun!
 Finn's Table.


 My family of four that I love so much. It still seems like yesterday that it was Lucas' turn to have his table down here, and now he is so big! 

My Lucas came running in with a flower that he was so excited to give me. Melt me.

Granny Beth has the touch.

Our table at the celebration included our family of 4, Sugar, Jimmy and Beth, and Randal and Dele. We felt so blessed to be surrounded by such love for us and our sweet babies.

We laughed over what Finn wore to the celebration. When Lucas was dedicated, he wore khakis and an untucked denim shirt with a tie. I have never even put Finn in a pair of khakis--he wore jeans one day and I had to take them off because I wasn't ready for those kind of big boy clothes! Finn wore baby blue corduroy longalls, a peter pan collared shirt, and booties. I think I have acclimated to Nashville :) 

Speaking of the booties. . .here they are. Fun fact: these were my brother's shoes at one time! I love that my mom kept some things of ours that my children can wear again.


Here are a couple photos from Lucas' day looking back :



No comments: