Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Otter Creek School: Franklin Road Campus

It seems just like a few weeks ago that we broke ground for the new Otter Creek School. . . time sure does fly! This was such a special day for so many people and I was honored that Lucas got to share a part of it with his daddy and help hold a golden shovel. I remember it was snowing that Sunday which just made my heart so happy :)



The other memory that pops into my mind is when we wrote prayers on the floor of the new building this summer for the Otter Creek School blessing. 



And today, October 24, 2011, The Otter Creek School opened its red doors to a new school. It took a lot of work, love, tears, prayers, and creativity but we are here! I feel honored that Lucas is a part of this legacy and am so thankful for all the children that will be so blessed by this place in the future. 

 Amy Westerman was one of the traffic directors this morning as we all learned a new drop off routine and she snapped this photo of Lucas and me---she is a fellow mom who can't get enough pictures ;) Kindred spirits we are. And no, I did not let Lucas drive very far, but he always gets to sit up front with me until his teachers come get him.
We were greeted with lots of smiley faces and balloons as we pulled in this morning. 

 Lucas was super excited, I made the mistake of reminding him yesterday that we would be going to his new school today and he wanted to go right that second!
 My sweet buddy and me. Driving him to and from school is one of my favorite events of the week--we have such great conversation, giggles, and sing fun songs together.
 The red door is open!


 There my sweet boy goes with Miss Amy! I love you bunches and bunches sweet pea!



Others have had the tradition for years and years of having their photos taken in front of the red doors at the old campus, I decided to wait until the new building was open to start our pictures here so here is our first "red door" photo:

 These two are always creating lots of smiles and giggles, Lucas loves hanging out with Miss Amy one of the assistants at the school.
 Today was pretty concentrated on Lucas, so I will leave you with a picture of this cutie pie:

No comments: