Wednesday, September 14, 2011

6th Annual Jackson County Fair

Our sweet friend Jackson just turned 6 and to celebrate, his family let us all participate in Jackson's favorite event: the fair. Every detail was just perfect and cute, 
I wish I had half the creativity that Kelley has! We drove out with Randal and Dele, Josh was out of town so Randal was Lucas' designated riding friend.

Lucas receiving his wristband for the rides from Miss Shelley.


I wasn't allowed to ride any rides, so my favorite part was watching Lucas have fun of course, and then the food. Oh, the food. The Grilled Cheeserie food truck was there, along with funnel cakes, fried oreos, an ice cream truck, chicken and waffles, fried tomatoes, sweet potato fries, tea punch and my very favorite: the meat sundae.


Lucas' first ride was the helicopters, and without even prompting he chose the Marine one, Uncle Duncan is so proud.
 I didn't know they were going to go up high, I really thought Lucas was going to get scared and cry but he was great! He wouldn't ride them again, but he enjoyed the one time he did.
 The fun slide. This was the hit of the day. He was technically too little to ride on this, but they let him anyway since it was a special occasion. Only problem, they wouldn't let me even help him up so I had to depend on others to help him.
 Check out how high he was!

 Ready to go again mom!
 Face painting time. He chose Nemo.


 He played a fish game, I was quietly thinking, "please don't win a fish, please don't win a fish". And guess what, the two year old won a fish. Good thing Randal and Dele have a fish pond that we were able to donate our fish to--we can go visit him anytime :)
 Pig Wrestling! This was so fun to watch. I can't wait till Lucas is old enough to do this, he wanted to try but I knew for sure he would back out as soon as it was just him and the pig caged in.
 Fried Oreos. These will certainly be fed to us as we enter heaven as our welcoming appetizer.
 Lucas had another round of sliding--he probably went 15 times! He eventually learned to carry his burlap sack and walk up on his own--such a big boy! One friend heard him chanting the whole way up, "I can do this, I can do this".
 Mr. Randal and Lucas rode the bumper cars. He was proud of himself for doing it, but was definitely crying at the end!
 The meat sundae. Seriously, this was the best thing my stomach has ever had. Ever. A scoop of mashed potatoes topped with brisket, shredded cheese and a tomato. 

 Lucas turned in his tickets at the end of the party and Miss Carly gave him a Nemo to match his face. He now sleeps with Nemo every night!


3 comments:

Donna said...

So, this was all for Jackson's birthday party or it was going on already and everyone just went there for the party? Amazing and cute.

Kara Graves said...

It was all for sweet Jackson!

Elizabeth said...

That meat sundae looks amazing!!