Sunday was such an incredible day--Otter Creek wanted to throw a shower for Finn since they felt they had missed out on welcoming Lucas into the world. (Lucas was 7 weeks when they first met him).
I was so honored and humbled that they would want to do that, and it meant so much. The shower was just incredible, my sweet friend Kelley hosted the shower at her home and she has the gift of making every single detail just beautiful.
Kelley, Dele, and all my life group girls were the hostesses for this shower. They put out scrapbook paper on this round table for people to sign so that later on my mom can scrapbook photos from the day and I can always remember who was there.
Amanda and I chose the same attire for the day, only difference is between my heels and big belly, I look like a giant next to this gorgeous, skinny friend of mine :)
Oh, the Noah's Ark. It was the sweetest thing with little animals popping out of it. The food was perfect!
Kelley and I together before the shower started. What a treasure of a friend.
All of my wonderful hostesses that sacrificed so much time, love, and energy to put this together. There is no way I can adequately thank them enough.
No detail was left un-done, even the animals had to participate!
Some of my sweet friends from Lipscomb who are now the mother's of Lucas' friends--isn't it fun how worlds come back together? Especially when I look at Darci, someone who I always looked up to as a little girl (she isn't that much older than me) and always watched at church camp. She was a big part of why I chose Lipscomb--now we are sweet friends, both going to Otter Creek, and she is taking our family photos next week!
At the beginning of the shower, Dele, Amy, and Kim read words and scripture that were just perfect for the occasion and Christy led a beautiful prayer. I love that beside me in this picture is Elizabeth- my college roommate that I love so much. I am in awe of how God worked our paths to
come to the same place again!
Josh and Lucas came to the party towards the end. So many people were so sweet to think of Lucas and he had a few presents to open himself! Including this alligator--if you remember, during zoo school this year, he was in love with their big alligator. Kelley is very involved with the zoo and searched to find one Lucas. This huge alligator (and I mean HUGE) now has to be wherever we are in the house--guarding the crib at night, laying by the table at dinner, etc.
I love cupcakes, and I have gone to most places in Nashville to test them and find my favorites. Well, I just found new favorites. The ones at my shower were perfectly moist, almost angel cake on the bottom and a light frosting on top that was the perfect amount of sweet.
Kristen Brown, oh how talented she is! She researched Finn's room and made cookies that match exactly. I am trying to find a way to save them and just hang them on the wall. But that isn't going to happen because I keep eating them.
Thank you Otter Creek for all your love. I am still soaking in all the beautiful details, letters, gifts, and hugs. I am honored to be a part of this family and am so grateful that both of my boys will grow up surrounded by this Otter Creek family to help raise them, love them, and love us as we are on this journey of life together!

1 comment:
Kara,
Just wanted to say that I can't wait for Lucas to become a big brother! Just wait, just when you think you're heart can't get any bigger for a little boy, it does! I can't begin to tell you how much you are going to love watching yoru little boys together. It's the highlight of my day!! Congrats again on the upcoming arrival of Finn! Praying for your family!
Post a Comment