Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of a big moving truck parking in front of my home and unloading boxes while Josh was working at Otter Creek Church for the first day. I remember him sending me an e-mail early that morning saying, "I was made for this". He was, and continues to be, and we continue to be so grateful that God chose us to be here with this Otter Creek family.
They are our family and will always be!
I have said this before, but one thing I love about Otter Creek are the people who our lives had crossed with before in other places whether it be with ZOE, Lipscomb, Michigan, family, etc. One of those is the beautiful Darci Belville. Darci and I grew up in Ohio going to the same church camp. I watched her, she was only a few years older than me and I wanted to be just like her! I watched as she dated her now husband Josh, and I even was able to be in her cabin one year (which I try to make her feel old by saying she was my camp counselor. . .ha). When she chose Lipscomb and I watched the friends she made and experiences she had, Lipscomb appeared on my list too!
What a blessing to be in the same OC family with Darci again. She has three beautiful children and is a beautiful mom, friend, sister, wife, and Christ-follower that I still look up to. And now---she just started her own photography business!! (https://www.facebook.com/DarciBelvillePhotography?sk=wall)
We had been talking about needing a family photo (we haven't had one since Lucas was 2 months) and capturing Finn in my belly before he gets here. Perfect timing! We had a blast with Darci--these are some sneak peaks, can't wait to see the rest!
In other events, Lucas is LOVING school. As in, running down the hallway into his teacher's arms and not saying goodbye to mommy loving it. Or waking up each morning asking if today is a school day. Or--as you can see in the following picture, waving with excitement to all his friends in the drop off line.
Lucas' teacher is amazing, what a gift to have her in our lives now. She is great about e-mailing us about their day and sending pictures--here is one of Lucas' first art projects!
Happy Wednesday!






1 comment:
So many blessings and you are so good at recognizing and appreciating them...
Post a Comment