Friday, August 19, 2011

First Full Day

Thursday marked our first day of going to school 9-2. I still felt a little anxious about the long day without my buddy, but I was also looking forward to tackling my to-do list. My goal for the day was to get as much done as humanly possible. I think I succeeded. . .but I will let you be the judge! 

Lucas woke up so excited for school and for his pink milk for breakfast. That reminds me, I need to get more of that before school next week! We had a fun time chatting on the way to school and as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, Lucas started cheering, "yay school"! "yay, playground"!

While we are in line, I let him crawl up into the front seat with me and we had the windows down singing his favorite "Brown Cow" song. As soon as we rounded the corner--this is what he was doing:

Hanging out the window spotting Miss Pat and saying, "Good Morning, Miss Pat"!


He jumped out and went on his way down the hallway to Miss Julie's class and
 I went off to be productive. 

Here is what I did:

Starbucks-got a tall iced coffee with milk and sugar
Drove to Nashville West to visit Michaels, Ross, and World Market where I got twine for gift wrapping.
Drove to Target, got a lot, used a lot of coupons, but my total was still a lot higher than it would have been if Lucas was with me ;)
Drove to Green Hills, purchased all of my hostess gifts and boxes for the shower Sunday.
Drove back to Nolensville, filled up my car with gas.
Drove to Publix, got all my groceries. 
Drove home, unloaded groceries, started dinner, started dishwasher, started white laundry.
vacuumed car
ate lunch
caught up on e-mail
Drove to pick up little buddy.

So--now it is Friday and we are in our pj's for the day watching Caillou, playing cars, and being pretty lazy :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Yep. All amazing. I bet it went really quickly, too, didn't it?