
Can you believe we have reached the "2" mark? We sure can't. Our sweet little boy is growing up so fast! We weren't going to do a birthday party this year for a couple reasons: one, I don't want my kids thinking they will have a party every year, and two, last year's birthday was a big event. (Invited lots of people and the Nashville Flood hit).
Well, Lucas has grasped the idea of what "Happy Birthday" means and loves celebrating with his friends, so we decided to do a low-key, handmade birthday with just his play group friends Monday morning. . . .and this is what we came up with:

Everything was printed on card stock, bought, cut out and glued from Michaels with some candy from the candy store! I had help with some of the items that I purchased through the very creative yellowmums.blogspot.com-she has an Etsy store full of really cute things!

The other side of the water bottle wrapper says "Jet Engine Fuel".



The amazing Kristen Brown made cookies to match for the favors. . . which we placed in the "Baggage Claim" jar.


My mom is extremely talented and I asked her to make Lucas a shirt that would match his party....turned out AMAZING.

This photo is blurry, but he was having so much fun playing balloons with Miss Danielle.

Mr. Josh and sweet little Leighton.

For lunch we had: PB&J, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Baked Beans, Homemade Mac N Cheese, Watermelon, and Cantaloupe. I had pictures posted all over with photos of Lucas' 1st Birthday.


Miracle: All the kids sat and ate their lunch! I really think they stayed there for about 15 minutes, it was glorious!

It was so funny when we sang to Lucas and lit his cupcake, he would blow it out immediately. So I had to re-light it a few times while holding my arm over his mouth!


Crosby has the best faces ever. This was right after he sang "Hah Puh Buh Duh Day Mr. Lucas" (coming to a video soon)


Putting together Door "Hangars" (get it, Airplane Hangars?)



This is where we found miss Addy Lou---sneaking under the table to eat cookies!

Our Birthday Mantle dedicated to Mr. Lucas.

Happy Birthday my sweet boy, I love you so much!

2 comments:
Dr. Seuss' Happy Birthday book is a wonderful tradition to begin. I read it every year on Dr. Seuss' birthday.
I can't believe how fast these 2 years have gone and I have only been a distant viewer. He's a lucky little boy!
Super cute party...simple and sweet! You'll have to let me know what material your mom used on his shirt.
Post a Comment