So glad to be home and relaxing in the summer weather- thankfully since we live in a newer neighborhood, we don't have the cicadas that the rest of Nashville is dealing with!
We played in the sprinkler last night- or I should say, Daddy and Lulu played in the sprinkler, and I captured some great faces--faces full of pure joy!

Pausing for kisses :)
I think this photo will be framed in his new big boy room:





We had so much fun watching his face outside. He has been so funny lately--his words are just exploding each day! Here are a couple stories:
At dinner last night, Lucas started telling us a 5 minute story- not many breaths included and not too many recognizable words, but a whole lot of hand gestures. Josh said at one point, "wow buddy, that is a great story", but as soon as he uttered those words, Lucas pointed to Josh with his finger and said: "shhhh, no talking". And the story continued.
One morning this week, Josh was putting his shoes on by the door. Lucas walked by, raised his hand and said: "see ya later Josh".
Lucas recognizes every Chick-Fil-A that we drive by, he LOVES that place. Good thing momma loves it too! It is always stated with a good southern accent--"Chicken Fil A".
I was looking for a swimsuit for Lucas and held a shirt up to him to see if it was big enough. Lucas grabbed it and said, "oh its perfect!".

1 comment:
Thanks so much for sharing your joyous boys with us. I have been needing a little joy lately and I just couldn't keep myself from smiling! Love his hand on Josh's face when they pause for kisses...
Post a Comment