Sunday, May 08, 2011
My Terrific Two Year Old!
Friday night, we said good night to this precious one year old. . .
and Saturday morning, we sang Happy Birthday to our 2 year old boy!!
This is how Lucas tells you how old he is:
Lucas received a basketball as one of his gifts. I should have known better than to try and take a a picture of him opening it. He almost got the camera, but check out that form!
We started the tradition of going to the zoo on Lucas' birthday, this year we were excited to see that the elephants were up close to see us!

Lucas and his Sugar :)

In the middle of the day, we got to go to the airport and welcome home a beautiful little girl named Dinkenesh that our worship minister's family adopted from Africa. What an exciting day!
Lucas was allowed to use markers when we did the sign (rare gift for him) and he felt like a big boy holding up his sign with all the other kids.
Yay for the Sanderson family of 5!!
We went out to eat at Logan's (this is the restaurant I worked at for a long time and still adore, it is also where we ate exactly 6 years ago after my graduation from Lipscomb). When we got home, it was time for cupcakes and presents!
At the end of the day, when Lucas was all good and over-stimulated, we showed him his "big boy" room. I don't have a mattress on the bed yet, I had assumed he wouldn't jump up there but the first thing he said was, "choo choo train, nigh nigh". Guess I need to get a mattress asap.
. . .and the grand finale, the train table! Big hit and sure way for mom to sit and relax a bit during the day!
Love that I get to spend every day with my favorite little 2 year old buddy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What cute pictures Kara! Glad the day was all you wanted it to be!
Happy Birthday, Lucas!! He looks like he's gotten so big!!
Post a Comment