Let's go back in time to some of the events this week starting with these delicious and adorable cupcakes made my Courtney at our play group's Easter Party:
We tried for a group picture as always, but this time it just didn't work. Possibly because they were all hungry and knew that after lunch we would have an egg hunt. Just an idea ;)
"Someone" was very determined to get to those eggs!
Lucas had to stop and examine what was inside these eggs--he is giving me a look that says "Mom, please don't eat all of this while I am napping today, please".
Crosby and Lucas running off together in their matching shoes.
Miracles do happen, this is the greatest example. We set the camera to self timer and this is what we got. . . .all the children are looking and no one is screaming!!!
Our play group party was on Wednesday morning. Wednesday night I had practice from 6-8:30 for our Easter Choir and Easter Night Musical.
Our play group party was on Wednesday morning. Wednesday night I had practice from 6-8:30 for our Easter Choir and Easter Night Musical. On Thursday, Otter Creek had their Seder which really was a lot of fun. I wasn't sure what to expect since the children were welcome but Lucas did GREAT. We promised him that if he sat through the Seder that we could play basketball in the gym after. Well, the Seder has a lot of prayers (most of them done in Hebrew and English) and after one of the prayers, Lucas yells out, "In Jesus Name, Amen, Play Ball!".
Friday night was the Good Friday service at Otter Creek. TJ McCloud did an AMAZING job putting it together, it was so touching and meaningful-every single detail.
Then comes Saturday! We had lunch out with a friend who is moving on Saturday in Franklin before getting ready for our next Easter event: Our life group Easter Egg Hunt. Usually, Otter Creek has a HUGE event for the kids, but since there is construction all over the property, it was too dangerous. So our life group took matters in our own hands ;)
Lucas looks like baby Bono in this photo. I love these glasses and he loves wearing them! These are our sweet life group friends minus a few that couldn't make it.
The girls--Josh took this picture so I will give him props, he was very proud of his work!
Saturday night was a little crazy- Lucas needed a bath, Easter clothes needed to be laid out and everything packed in the car for our whirlwind of a Sunday. I then spent the rest of the night making food for our Easter lunch the next day---I will NEVER make deviled eggs again, the biggest headache ever, for sure.
Sunday morning. Josh had a sunrise service to preach at, I got Lucas and I ready and had to be at the building by 7:45 to rehearse for our two worship services. Worship was awesome, everything about it was just perfect--only problem, I was so excited I left with only half a voice---and my singing day was not over!
Right after church, we headed to eat with our friends, the Troups and the Vickers. We all don't have family in town, so we are each other's family! Here is our family picture from lunch: and can you believe how big Lucas looks in my arms?
This is the only picture I got of just Lucas in his outfit. Sunday was just that crazy, but this is a sweet picture of my sweet boy.
Sunday afternoon, I was in the Otter Creek musical, "O Great Redeemer". It was a lot of fun to do, but I definitely came home Sunday night more tired than I have been in a long time and with little voice left, but I left it all in worship!
Now that Monday is here, I have a great to-do list of things that couldn't be done last week. Getting ready for Lucas' party, birthday, our vacation, groceries, cleaning the house, and. . . .
this room: I at least want to get Lucas' new bed put together and the boxes out of the room so that he can see his birthday present clearly on his special day. . .
Isn't this train table awesome?! I got it at the consignment sale for $50 and it came with a bunch of trains and storage drawers under the table! He is going to love it. You can sorta see the train bedding in the background that he helped pick out.
So, that is our Monday! We are looking forward to a day together and going out to eat tonight just the three of us before a night of shooting basketballs and playing trucks :)


No comments:
Post a Comment