Ok, back to Snowpocalypse. I wasn't going to believe anything until it happened, but they were warning us about this storm that would be coming to town with lots of snow. We did finally find a sled in Nashville and paid way too much for it but it ended up being worth it!
Sunday night the snow started about midnight and when we woke up, Snowpocalypse had hit! We had about 4 inches of snow to play in. Lucas could hardly wait to be dressed up to play.
My little snow buddy. He had so much fun outside and was a trooper when mommy didn't want to go inside yet ;)
Sledding with daddy. Lucas kept saying "weeee" I am sure the drivers really appreciated it, but we took over our street and got it nice and slick!
Our friends came over to our street for some sledding fun including Torin!
After we thawed out and had some warm chocolate milk, it was the perfect time for cuddling with Sugar and watching Thomas.
After naps, we went right back outside to build a snowman. Lucas, however, had other ideas. He would make a ball of snow and say, "momma"! before throwing it at me. Hmmm...wonder where he learned that!

Our January 2011 Snowman.
Since Lucas is growing so much, his blankets have become a little small. Grandma Sugar brought some fabric with her and made a big boy minky dot blanket. I just love it so. I am not ashamed to say that I borrowed it for a nap ;)
Our family picture taken by Josh Walters! Happy Snowpocalypse everyone!
And yes, for all you Michigan friends, Nashville will now have 3 days off from this 4 inches of snow. The malls closed on Monday and my favorite cupcake shop has not been open since Sunday. However, Lucas and I got so many errand done today because everyone was too scared to be out. (those clear, dry roads are just terrifying!)
And yes, for all you Michigan friends, Nashville will now have 3 days off from this 4 inches of snow. The malls closed on Monday and my favorite cupcake shop has not been open since Sunday. However, Lucas and I got so many errand done today because everyone was too scared to be out. (those clear, dry roads are just terrifying!)
3 comments:
We're having a little snowpocalypse ourselves today into and through tomorrow. Started as 3-6, but now it is saying 4 more tonight, and 4 more tomorrow! On top of the 4 today, that makes about 12! No school for kids...
So, glad Lucas gets to learn to love the snow, too.
No snow here in Houston....
I know you folks from Michigan make fun of us--but remember, we do not have the experience driving in the snow and ice you have, and I shudder at the thought of a school bus slipping off the edge of the road and overturning.
On that happy note, have fun; this is the most snow I have ever seen.
Post a Comment