Watching Lucas' personality develop and curiosity grow has made me realize that at some point, we are going to be taking him to the ER. It is just a fact of life. Well this week I thought our time had come. It was one of those moments that I saw everything happen so slowly yet I could not get to him fast enough.
He loves to play with my bathroom cabinet that holds our towels, it is about 4 feet high with 4 individual cabinets that have glass facings. I saw him open the bottom one and lift his foot up and I knew where this was going. He stepped up on the door and pulled the cabinet on himself--on my tile floor.
Amazingly, he only had a knot for a few hours, but it took a long time for momma to stop shaking! We recovered by snuggling up in mommy's bed and watching cartoons with our "Mr. Bump" ice pack.
Lucas loves to play with his farm set while watching Baby Einstein's Old MacDonald.

Wednesdays are a highlight in my week. It is when the ad for Publix comes out and I discover what new Buy One Get One deals I am going to get with coupons that week. Here are other reasons Publix is my favorite place:
1. The employees are always so nice.
2. They always take my groceries out for me.
3. Free cookies and stickers for the kids that come.
4. Your child has fun because they get to "drive" . . .. .

Quick, get to aisle 4! Blue Bell is on sale this week!
Here are just some of the things I just love about Lucas this week:
-he doesn't offer kisses very often, but when he does it melts my heart.
-I love when he will randomly come and give me a hug while saying "buddy"
-he points out every truck and airplane--this kid can spot one miles away!
-he snorts when you ask him what a pig says.
-he is so good at using his signs.
-I love how he finds a picture of Josh and carries it around saying "daddy, daddy"
-he giggles and giggles when we chase each other around the house.
-he asks fr us to clap for him whether or not he makes a basket in his basketball goal.
1 comment:
Hi Kara...you don't know me, but I found your blog through Josh's website. :) Jason and Josh were best friends with my older brothers (Brian and Chris) when they lived in Wichita. Your little guy is absolutely precious!
Post a Comment