We just had one of the most fun weekends with our Otter Creek family. About 400 of us spent the weekend at Henry Horton State Park together and it was fabulous. Great classes were planned for the morning, but the rest of the day was just a lot of free time! Sundays can get so busy when everyone is dropping kids of, picking kids up, getting kids home before meltdown, etc. that there isn't a lot of time to really spend with each other at church. This weekend was perfect to just have conversations, play games, and rest.We all got matching shirts and thermos bottles. . .as you can see from the picture above, Lucas will be able to wear his in 2020 :)
The first night we had a devo with kids songs and smores! Someone would burst out laughing after every bite of his. I think he liked it.
Laura, Heidi and I together Friday night around the fire.
Lucas never sleeps well when he is in a strange place. Well, this lodge was strange for him so he had a hard time getting to sleep, but once he got to sleep he was O-U-T. I even dried my hair right beside him and he didn't stir. Don't you love the crossed feet?
We had a hay-less hay-ride which my allergies really appreciated. The ragweed here is terrible and there is nothing worse than allergies when it is almost 100 degrees out. Yes, did I say 100 degrees in September?
Just a sampling of our OC family in our matching gear. We were about to do a picture after dinner.
The Graves family having fun outside.
My sisters. These girls are the best, Josh and I are honored to be in life group together with these families!
Josh was involved in an intense football game.
When we got back from the retreat it was time to rest up before heading out to celebrate our friend Jackson's 5th birthday! Lucas had been working on his dinosaur sounds all day but he wasn't ready for how big the animatronic dinosaurs would be!
The whole party was so cute and done so beautifully. All the kids had a blast.
I am ready to dig for some bones mom!
Look who hatched!
I love this photo of Avery after she had her face painted.
When Rochester threw our going away party, these boots were a centerpiece on the table and they finally fit! Lucas loved them and wouldn't take them off. . .even to mow the carpet ;)

1 comment:
It was a great weekend! :)
Post a Comment