Saturday, September 11, 2010

A week with Grandma Sugar!

The picture above is probably my favorite picture from the week with my mom here, also known as Grandma Sugar. I think we about wore her out taking her to all our favorite places and having her help us with house projects but we had a blast. The picture above is from our lunch one day. . .when you are with Grandma, lunch can definitely mean Sweet CeCes :)

For Labor Day, Josh's grandparents, Aunt Judy, and cousin Brian and his wonderful wife Kristen came through to visit on their way to Michigan from Alabama. It was so good to see them all, and Lucas sure enjoyed showing off for them.
Monday afternoon, we went with our friends to a carnival and yummy buffet for Labor Day. It was so much fun! There were 10-20 inflatable play houses for the kids to play in, cotton candy, sno cones, pony rides, and games!
Lucas LOVED the bouncy house. He played in here for the majority of the time and it wore him out so much that he ate a big dinner and sat in the highchair for 2 hours while the adults talked. Now, where can I buy one of these and will my HOA allow one in my backyard are the next two things I need to figure out. . .
Lucas' first pony ride. He did not like it at all as you can see in the picture below as he was screaming and clinging to his daddy.
Daddy helped us calm down so that the pony ride was tolerable.

We are 16 Months now! Can you believe it?
Sweet little boy eating his frozen yogurt at Sweet CeCe's.
These two have the best relationship. I am so thankful for the wonderful bond they have! Thursday night I had my hands full with a tearful Sugar to take to the airport and a little boy who was searching the whole house for her when we got home. . ."shug? shug?" With the ease of air travel these days, Grandma Sugar has been able to be so much a part of his life and see all the fun stages. I have a feeling this bond will only get stronger and stronger as he grows up.
Here is the bonus room that is almost finished, it just needs window treatments now! My mom hung the prints for me, she is good at hanging things straight. . .not my gift!


3 comments:

Vee said...

Everytime I see new pictures of Lucas, I think 'He couldn't possibly be any cuter', and then new ones come up, and he does! You are a blessed mama.

I hope you also know what a blessed daughter you are, too! It always tugs at my heart to see how head-over-heels in love your parents are with Lucas too. I never had a good relationship with my grandmother, so they (along with Jeremy's grandmother) have been my example of the kind of grandparent I want to be someday! =]

Glad Grandma Sugar had a good visit!

Christy said...

I love the bonus room. The zoo pictures look great

The Shoes said...

Hi Deary! So glad you found us :) We need to catch up/play soon!