Thursday, September 02, 2010

Is it really September already?

Wow, I really can't believe that it is September 2nd. In just a few days I will have to start getting my fun pumpkins out, but I am not sure I can do that until it stops reaching the high 90s every day!

Until we get to September, I have several things to tell you about from August.

Last Saturday, Josh had a meeting so Lucas and I went grocery shopping in the morning. I put him in his fireman onesie and off we went! As soon as we pulled up to Kroger, there was a big fire truck to which Lucas immediately started saying "cuck cuck" (that means truck).

The firemen were out raising money and were pretty impressed he wore an outfit for the occasion (I had no clue!). They gave him a hat, balloon, stickers, and let him crawl up the truck.


I went to Carters to get a couple staple items for Lucas this fall and fell in love with this sweater. Oh I just want to squeeze this kid all day long!
The Nashville Zoo now has flamingos! They were so cool and you are able to get nice and close to them. Did you know that they are born a brown color and only turn this pretty color because of their shrimp eating?
I am reminded every day that I no longer have a little baby but a little boy. . .
While daddy was pulling weeds, I let Lucas play in the sprinkler. It looks like he is preaching :)
Girls night out 1 of 2 this week . . . was I lucky or what? I think they are well deserved seeing that Josh gets to eat out for lunch every day without a little munchkin to control the entire time ;)

Night one was with my life group girls and what life they bring to mine! We went to Rose Peppers which is an AMAZING Mexican restaurant in east Nashville. Yummy Yummy Yummy.

Night out number two was with my play group mommies, our children have so much fun together and we do too, but this was the first time we had been together without our munchkins. We had so much fun we stayed in the same booth for 3.5 hours! I am so excited that our kids will grow up together.

In the mornings, Lucas LOVES to play on my bed while I get ready. He will watch cartoons and jump in the pillows forever!

My sweet boy. . .
Where did Lucas go? Hmm. . .
Oh, there he is! And with my toothbrush in his mouth. Awesome.
My mom is coming in town tonight and we are oh so excited!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Kara, Thanks for sharing Lucas with those of us who feel like we know him, but have never met him.