One year ago today, we were driving down with all of our belongings to Nashville from Rochester. I still remember all those mixtures of feelings: excited, terrified, sad, adventurous, etc. One year later however, I am so thankful that God brought us to this place. We are in love with our Otter Creek family and feel blessed that Lucas will grow up in this place. Michigan will always hold a large part of our heart and we miss so many people that are family to us, but I am so glad that those relationships have stayed strong through the phone, e-mail, and a short Southwest flight!
This day last year, we were already wearing long sleeves and pants in Michigan. One more sign that I have had to get used to new things!
My little buddy laying on in our empty living room before we said goodbye to our house.
This was the last time I ever looked at our home on 2887 Walsh. I do miss my 1945 house and all the memories it holds. There is something special about your first house, especially when it is the place where your first born came home from the hospital to.
This is our first family picture outside of our new home on Kemberton. We are thankful for our new home, but more than that, we just love our neighbors and neighborhood!
As soon as we arrived, Lucas was so ready to be left alone and have some space under the ceiling fan. It was a long drive :)
This week also marks the year anniversary of Josh's first book being published. This sweet little boy will still grab this book a few times a week, flip it over, point to Josh and say "Dada, Dada".
Thank you for walking down memory lane with me today. It is a sentimental day as I think back to how little Lucas was, how much I loved my little "dollhouse" on Walsh, how I miss a lot of special people and balancing that with how glad I am that the Graves are now at Otter Creek where I hope we will be until forever! What an amazing place this is and I look forward to what this year brings, starting with tonight when I get to have a girls dinner out with my mommy friends at Cheesecake Factory!
1 comment:
Kara, I hope you get to stay in Nashville for a very long time. It seems like a perfect fit for your family.
Post a Comment