Sunday, August 08, 2010

One more room checked off the list. . .

The picture below is of our upstairs bathroom when we moved in August 2009. Can you believe it has almost been a year? Wow, that went by fast!

I was fighting with myself between letting it be a clean, simple bathroom since it is the one guests use or letting it be an all out kid's bathroom. Scroll down to see which side of me won :)
I found a couple treasures at TJ Maxx last week and was inspired to get the room done. I am one of those that once I have an idea, I have to get it done right then! Josh was gracious to hang out with Lucas while I painted and made a mess, but I think it turned out OK.
The picture above his towels is my favorite photo of him laughing in the bath tub.






I am glad I did it, although I am still getting used to how bright that blues is. . .pictures don't do justice. I am, however, more convinced than ever that this will be the last room I paint myself. The builder's paint is just such terrible quality that it peels down to the drywall when you paint another layer which makes my edges not as desirable in areas.

I am one of those that when I look at a room I painted, my eye goes right to the mistakes, but the next couple rooms will be done by a pro.

2 comments:

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

It looks great! I love the theme in there :)

Nikki said...

So glad you decided on a kids bathroom! I can't wait to do that myself!! It looks fantastic!!