Monday, March 29, 2010

A Week of Quality Time

We have been so blessed recently that even though Josh is very busy through the week, he hasn't traveled much recently. This week he was gone for school and two speaking engagements so we had to re-learn how to survive without him.

Lucas was a blast and we kept very busy having fun together. Like. . .did you know that bananas make such great hair mousse?

Anytime I leave the room, this is what Lucas does as he looks for me to come back. I have been told he does this at church as well whenever people are let out of worship.
Some new things Lucas is doing lately are: pointing his finger at pictures in books, saying "ah da" interpreted "all done" after meal time, dancing, going "mm mmmm mmmmm" when I put a bite in his mouth, making baskets with his basketball hoop and hitting anything he can with his baseball bat. He is doing great with table food, he especially loves pulled pork, macaroni, and sweet tea :)
Anytime I throw a pillow on the ground, Lucas will crawl over to it and lay down. It is so cute, and the past few nights I have checked on him at night he has his blanket rolled up under his head like a pillow.

We built a pillow fort. Really fun until he got stuck. haha.
The weather has been amazing, so we would take long walks everyday and make sure to stop by the swings.
We ate out for lunch with Miss Dana on Saturday and I let Lucas have his own bowl of ice cream and spoon. He loved it.
The Easter Bunny! I just assumed Lucas would react the same as he did with Santa (solemn face, very observant), but he thought this experience was so funny, he just laughed and laughed.

We have a busy week ahead, I am in the choir for both our Good Friday and Easter service so we have practice after practice, a trip to the zoo, a couple lunches, staining the deck, and a night out planned!

1 comment:

Patrick Mead said...

Your mother and I loved the photos. The banana mousse photo was a new one to us! Love you, Princess.