Saturday, June 14, 2008

I love my best friend :)

Starting today, Josh's schedule is a bit crazy.....ok, a lot crazy. Between his doctoral classes in Atlanta, speaking at a ZOE conference, and a wedding, the next time we really have a chance to hang out with each other will be on the plane to Africa! It usually takes me a bit to get adjusted without him not around. 

We are expecting company, so when I got home from work today I noticed the whole house was pretty much clean except our bed wasn't made, so as I started pulling pillows off...this is what I found:

Inside this pretty little bag, was this pretty little box:
And this sweet little note was also in that pretty little box:
I love it! What a special gift from a special person. 

Josh is participating in his first ever triathlon. He has done the marathon already which is a big deal, but this is a little different. The whole event takes place at Belle Isle with the swimming taking place in the Detroit River. Josh's cousin Jesse is staying with us tonight and I will be a good wife/cousin and make eggs and toast and cut up some bananas for the boys before we have to be at Belle Isle at 6 A.M.! It will be so fun to watch Josh, Jesse, and Jason do this together, I am so proud of Josh for the hard work he has put into this over the past several months. 

Pictures and stories to come!

6 comments:

Katy said...

OOO! Love it! Tiffany blue is my favorite color too! Have fun with your new ring!

Justin and Casey said...

Very nice, Kara... what a great surprise! Although I'm wondering why your new present seems to be on your wedding ring finger? Did something happen to your ring?

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Wow! What a gift Kara! The ring looks great on you:) Good job Josh!

-Kelly

Kara Graves said...

Casey,

no, nothing happened to the wedding ring. That was the finger it fit on, I need a little bigger size to fit my other hand, so I will exchange it soon!

Tamara said...

What a beautiful ring! Way to go, Josh!

The Chilton Family said...

What a beautiful ring!! Josh needs to take Darren shopping with him next time! :)