Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shout to the Lord!

Last night when I got home from praise team practice, I caught the very end of the American Idol gives back night only to see a performance that had me stunned, with chills, and tears. We had church on American Idol last night, people!

I am not interested in the argument that I heard on radio today on why they changed the word "Jesus" to "Shepherd" on Wednesday's show. Shepherd is one of the many names of Jesus, and one that I find more intimate. On a night when the focus is on children in deep pain and need, I think it is fitting that we sing about our Shepherd....that is the name for Jesus that hits home for many of our forgotten in the world.

I am thrilled that one of "our" songs was done in such a powerful and meaningful way, and I really hope it touched and impacted many people who may not necessarily be impacted in another way. God is definitely working....

4 comments:

Josh Ross said...

Just blogged about the song myself. It was stunning. When David Cook and Carly took off at the end, I was off the couch, standing, and applauding.

On another note, I bet you were happy when Syesha was in the bottom 3. :) Kristi Lee should have gone last night.

Anonymous said...

It was a great moment, and I'm told they added the name "Jesus" on Thursday night. I missed it but caught it on YouTube.

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Praise God!! That is so awesome! I am so glad you posted this. I had heard they sang it but missed it. Thanks!

-Kelly

Chris said...

The performance of "Shout" was definitely better on Wednesday though. Still, they sang a worship song! Let the record show that my votes for the top two are: David Archelletta (or however you spell that) and David Cook.
BTW, Wwe had fun last night! You are a natural on Guitar Hero- now we have to get Josh to play it!
-chris