For New Years Eve, we got together with some friends and celebrated by doing what we always do.....eat, talk, and laugh together! It was a great night. Josh and I started on our journey home around 1 AM to discover that a system of snow had already started so the drive home was quite interesting. We drove through downtown Rochester and the lights were still on, so I got some cool pictures!
This morning we awoke to 12 inches of snow. It has been a great day of laziness which is just what we needed. We got up around 11 AM, shoveled our driveway, went to Target (where we were 2 of 5 people in there!), ate breakfast at Ram's Horn, and then rented the first two discs of season six of 24. So we have been in our PJs watching football and 24....and of course...eating cookies!
So, what are all of your New Year's Resolutions? I have decided that mine is to say "no" more often. I end up burning my candle at both ends way too much by volunteering and saying "yes" to everything.....then I end up like I did the week before Christmas.....in bed, all week....sick.
I start school in a week and am getting a little nervous about it, 19 hours and still working at the bank! So, saying "no" and creating my boundaries will be necessary for me to survive! I got a lot of school supplies for Christmas that are pretty fun......
Happy New Year everyone!
7 comments:
Good luck with going back to school! You will be a great teacher.
Sara Barton
It was great seeing you guys the other night (again!)
We heard 24 was really good. Might have to start watching that. Right now we are on disc 2 of planet earth!!!
Good luck in class...
Your mother wants me to rent 24 asap but I want to watch the 3rd season of LOST before it starts again in a few weeks.
Wonderful photos! Could you share the full sized versions of the Rochester downtown ones with me soon? I'm thinking they'll be my new desktop wallpaper.
your rochester pictures are really beautiful. I didn't know you were going back to school to be a teacher! That is what i do. What are you planning on teaching?
Hi - Great pictures!!! I found your blog through a friend's. I just wanted to invite you to join a new forum for Sisters in the Church of Christ. Please join us for support and encouragement!!! http://sistersinchrist.forumotion.com/
Thanks!
Happy New Year! That is so exciting that you start school soon! Good luck! You can do it!
I LOVE that you love cookies. If I had to choose a dessert it would be warm, soft chocolate chip cookies with a tall glass of cold milk in a clear glass. (I don't know why it needs to be clear. It makes it taste better for some reason.) I'll think of you when I eat my next cookie. :) - Kayci
Post a Comment