Saturday was the day when the whole extended family got together for dinner, games, and gift giving to and from the grandparents. I always look forward to seeing Josh's cousins....especially Beth. Beth and I went to Lipscomb at the same time, she lived two doors down from me in Fanning Hall. I had remembered her from church camp growing up and grew to love her sweetness and joy through college. Funny thing happened.....when I started dating Josh, he had a cousin Jesse....who eventually married Beth! Josh, Jason, and Jesse are planning to train for a triathalon this year, so I am so excited to have more time to spend with Beth.
Saturday night we came back home, and packed the car up for Sunday. It was going to be a busy one with church, lunch reservations and then Christmas with Josh's family......of course we were waiting to see if the meterologists would be right this time and get blasted with a winter storm. We did. Josh and I didn't get much sleep at all Sunday night, we kept checking outside and receiving calls from the plowers to decided if we would call off church or not. At 5:40 AM we were told it was much to dangerous and it would be best to cancel services. We have about 8-10 inches at our house....so pretty. My dad's birthday was on Sunday (Happy Birthday daddy!) so he was able to have a snow day as his gift!
We went ahead and drove out to Josh's parents and Ray (my newest brother-in-law) bought us all our own sleds and we all went out sledding, it was a ton of fun, although I wasn't very good at snowboarding on the sleds like everyone else.
After sledding, we did the family Christmas so everyone could get back home before more snow fell and it got dark. Before we left we all held hands and each person prayed for Ray....he is leaving in two weeks for 10 months in Iraq and this was our last family time with him. It was a sad, but special time. They are going to try and come to the Christmas show before Ray, Kelly and Lexi make their rounds in a few states to let Ray's family say their good-byes.
I hope everyone enjoyed their snow weekend! I hear we may get another one this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment