Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh What A Night.....If you Give a Mouse a Cookie.

Let me start this blog out with letting you know that I am a very type A, organized, and CLEAN person. My house is usually something that I get made fun of for how clean it always is. My friend Vicki's ambition is to find a place where she can get dust on her finger, and if she finds it, all joy is found in her world :)



So, we are going on a Marriage retreat with the couples in our small group this weekend. I decided last night to make chocolate chip cookies for the trip and weekend to snack on. Before we went to bed, I put all the cookies on a plate and the plate was on my counter by the sink. I left the cookie sheet on top of the stove to cool off.



Fast forward to 4 AM. Josh and I wake up to a noise, one we haven't heard before, as Josh is surveying the house, I am thinking that the noise sounded like my cookie sheet moving around a bit.



I come out to the kitchen, and there is my cookie sheet where I had put it, but there was a lone cookie sitting on a burner. I KNOW I put all the cookies on my plate. So, I am thinking, how in the world did a mouse move a cookie? I quickly tell myself, there is no way, I just forgot that one cookie and it fell somehow and the noises were coming from the fridge. Josh put the cookie sheet in the dishwasher and wrapped my plate of cookies in foil.



5 A.M. We hear foil...unwrapping......and a cookie.....falling to the floor......by the time we ran in there, the little mister was gone. How is a mouse that smart to unwrap foil and grab another cookie?!?!?! And how did it jump on my counter top?!?!?!



I couldn't get out of bed for about an hour this morning, calling friends that have had mice to encourage me that it would be OK. I am hiring my brother to come over this weekend while I am gone and I will pay him per head and then have him fill the holes under the sink and behind the stove with something. He is a Marine, I think he can take care of whatever being is in my house.



This note was on my counter this morning...you are so funny Josh.

10 comments:

Dana M. said...

That's the best cookie story ever! And one smart mouse, too.

Anonymous said...

I think you may need to consider that a mouse this strong might be of the three-letter variety.

Sara B.

Sean Stockman said...

This is so funny! I love the note Josh!!! We caught a mouse a few years ago at Tessa's parents house. It's amazing how a few grown men can turn into...well, lets just say we were scared! Great story Kara... definitely a good laugh!

Shannon said...

HAHAHAHA Funny! Smart Mouse too! He knows good cookies when he finds them! We had our first mouse a week or so ago too. Was in the basement. Jorge saw it run across the floor. It was a little baby one...he sucked it up in the shop vac and took it outside and put it in the trash to enjoy. He didn't have the heart to kill it. Hopefully he's out enjoying the local city dump.

Burcham Family said...

That is hilarious! I hope the retreat was great.

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

YUCK! Mice are so gross. I am shivering just reading all the comments!!! And the three letter comment is just uncalled for! Hope you catch him!

Anonymous said...

I'm still thinking it was a chipmunk. Thanks for making me laugh, Princess. Happy hunting.

The Gladd's said...

I agree with your dad... either a chipmunk or a squirrel. :) They're much better to accept.

Have you caught it yet?

The Gladd's said...

Wait... I forgot to ask... did you end up taking the cookies to the retreat??

Truitt Ross said...

That story is HILLARIOUS! You are so funny. I would have loved to see the whole thing unfold. thanks for sharing. - kayci