This past weekend was packed with activity, but all of it was good...after you read about it, you will understand why Josh and I were so very thankful to be able to sleep in on Monday!
Saturday, we had about 45 young adults come to a Marriage Seminar at the church, it was a great day, and I was so excited that so many came! Josh and I were still looking over some of the activities last night and talking about them.
Since so many of us were at the seminar, it ended about 4:30 and we decided to call the rest of our small groups that weren't present and get a group to go to Famous Daves for dinner and then out for a hayride! Genna came along, and she was such a sweet little trooper! Purchasing a ticket for the hayride also included a free cider and donut around the bonfire afterwards, it was pretty cold outside so that was nice! (The group picture is from Katie, she is always great at getting that picture!)

Our alarms went off at 6:45 AM Sunday morning, Josh was preaching all three services, and I was on Praise Team. Vicki did such a beautiful job with our special song, "My Redeemer", her voice always makes me think I am in the presence of an angel. We had a baptism in the second service, probably the neatest I have seen, both Mom and Dad baptized their daughter and the Dad said right before "I caught you when you were born, and I will catch you when you come out of the water." Powerful.

After church, Josh had two different meetings, and I had tryouts for the Christmas Musical.......I ended up not leaving the building until 5:30, and after 2 1/2 hours of learning some pretty hard choreography for the audition, I was sore all over and pretty much thought my back was going to split in half. The rest of the night was Josh and I in our PJs watching football and eating ice cream!
Hope everyone is doing well and has had a great start to their week!
7 comments:
I heard the tryouts were pretty intense!! Good thing my prego butt did not attempt that!! My heartrate monitor would have busted!!!
Wow! You are an incredible blogger! I love reading your posts!
Kara - I'm just a lurker here and I know you mentioned it in an earlier post... How can y'all be bundled up like that when it is only October? !!!!
:)
Kara could you please ask your husband why the HECK he's wearing a ND beanie...
And, Vickie did do an awesome job Sunday!
Ash
Kara, I do not know you, but have learn to love you by reading your blogs. Just watched the DVD, We are Marshall. I do not know if you have seen it,but before the movie starts, it show the beauty of West Virginia. I just thought of you, and your love of West Virginia. It truly is a beautiful place. Just been through it going to Williamsburg, but loved the mountains. I love your blogs. I am Lexi's great grandmother.
I saw pictures of the leaves in Detroit this morning on Good Morning America and thought of you. I'm so jealous. I hope you are loving it! - Kayci Ross
Ash,
I'm Catholic. Didn't you know?
Ha. I've had that hat since college. I love keeping things.
Post a Comment