One of my favorite things to do is to go to a baseball game. My absolute favorite thing in the world to do is to go to a Tiger's game. This season, Josh and I have gone to about 10 games and we have so much fun ! We have found that this is one thing that we have a blast doing together. We have already decided that we aren't doing Christmas gifts for eachother, but instead are going to save up for season tickets. Our ultimate goal is to visit every pro-baseball stadium for a game.
This is how I knew I had an addiction: Josh got a call Sunday night from his brother and he was offered a ticket to the Tigers Vs. Yankees game. I was so bummed and felt a little left out that I was going to have to sit at home by myself and watch the game, and seeing Josh on ESPN behind home plate was just going to put me over the top. So, almost midnight, I jump online to see if I can get a single ticket to go by myself. Only standing room. I went to stub hub, found two tickets together and confirmed that my brother would go with me. Yea!
I was a little nervous about the stub hub thing, they gave me an address to pick up the tickets before the game. I called ahead to see if it was a business or what exactly I was looking for and the guy who answered lives in CA so that didn't help much. I was imagining something out of an episode of 24. On the corner of such and such is a mailbox and there will be a cellphone on the side that will ring at 5 minutes to game time, answer it and get directions to a man standing by a certain building wearing a red shirt. I was relieved to see a door that said "Stub Hub" on it when I got downtown picked up my tickets and we were off!
Josh and his brother were behind home plate and two season ticket holders didn't come, so we go to move and sit down there where I got a great photo of my Tiger: Magglio :)
Tigers won 16-0, I had a blast with my brother, and it was a great night! 
4 comments:
I was SO jealous I didn't get to go, too! I'll have to try that stubhub thing, especially since I'm so Jack Bauer-like in real life.
That's so cool that you and Josh have found something to love together!
Sounds like a great night!! I'm happy for you that you were able to find a way in...you undercover agent, you! lol! I also love the way you post pictures in your blog. Once I figure out this blogging thing, I will try to add some photos. Glad you had a great time!
I, too, have the same addiction. I knew it was serious when I watched the game the other night until 2:30--despite complete exhaustion. And then, I literally dreamed about a Tiger's game two nights ago. Sadly, I haven't seen a game in person this season.
Post a Comment