Life gets so busy sometimes. I am sure you can tell we have had a crazy past few weeks because I haven't written in quite sometime. Who knows if anyone is actually reading this one! You all may have given up on me.
With company, conferences, weddings, graduations parties, etc. Our life has been going full speed and we are tired! I started to ponder a bit about being busy and I guess I will share it with you:
I am one of those type A, super organized, to-do list, type of people. (I know, it is annoying, it annoys me that I can't sit down if something needs to be cleaned or organized!) Even when life isn't filled with events like weddings and parties and such, I am always busy. My job at the bank is part time, but because of my personality, I am on my feet at all times! I don't say no to people who need help, I always have a project going, and always have a to-do list!
Here is an example: I don't like going to the movies but once a month or so, I would much rather rent it, because at the theatre, I can't get anything done! At home, I can watch a movie and organize paperwork at the same time!
A couple weeks ago, I started with some allergies and then just got wiped out, in bed for two days feeling miserable. It hit me that I was probably just wearing myself out and the only way God could get me to slow down was to make me so sick that I didn't want to get up! I found myself sitting on the couch watching TV shows and thinking "wow, this is kinda nice to just sit here, I never do this!"
It used to be a life principle to take a Sabbath day and rest. I got to thinking about how that day was used not only for a spiritual reason, but for a physical reason! I have been convicted that I need to start taking my own Sabbath time each week...maybe not for a whole day to start out with, but at least a good chunk of time when I remind myself that the things I think I need to do are just things, and I can bog myself down with being involved with a lot of good things, but too much good is still too much!
So, this week I am starting my new principle of taking Sabbath time. Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow I will stay in my PJs for awhile and watch TV.....and I might just not put my dishes away until Tuesday...........
4 comments:
I like this blog... good thoughts, Kara. Cute dress & picture too!!!
I'll help with the dishes. How does Wednesday at 2pm sound?
I love it!! We have always used Sunday as our lay on the couch day and do nothing... Just think now that football season is basically here you can watch the games on Sundays!!! How fun!!
I have the opposite problem. :)
Post a Comment