
One of the greatest highlights of living in Morgantown is Mountaineer Football. On game day, the Mountaineer (Puskar) field is the largest city in West Virginia. This means, if you aren't going to the game, you STAY HOME. Pictured below is the field, the large building beyond the score board is the hospital where I watched my first game from after a bad car accident. We got in the accident the Thursday night before when my dad, brother and I were on our way to do a devo/chapel for the football players.
This small town will always be close to my heart and a place I consider home. But you are probably wondering why, on this day, I chose to talk about WVU Football. Well.....if you happened to have ESPN on anytime betweetn 7PM and 11PM you witnessed the epitome of what great football is. And for those of you who have underestimated the Mountaineers (Adam Hill..haha), if winning the Sugar Bowl last year wasn't enough, this year will prove you wrong!
This from ESPN on last night's game:
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- For one quarter Thursday night, No. 5 West Virginia made the debate about who's No. 1 moot. For one quarter, the Mountaineers looked like the best team in the East. Not the Big East -- the NFC East.
West Virginia scored 14 points before the Maryland offense stepped on the field and 28 points before the Terps moved past the Mountaineers' 49-yard-line.
All in the first quarter.
Sophomore tailback Steve Slaton scored touchdowns of 38 and 37 yards, and he ran 52 yards to set up a third score.
All in the first quarter.
West Virginia converted two Maryland turnovers into touchdowns.
In, yep, the first quarter.
5 comments:
Love them 'Eers! Watching last night made me proud to have been a Mountaineer for eight years. Let's call Charlie, Richard, and Larry and get tickets for a game this year!
And now... a moment of silence in honor of the tragic start to U of Michigan's season....
Bwaaa haaaa haaaa haaa!!!!
Lets Go Mountaineers! no mattwer where I live i will always concider myself a Mountaineer!....and yes....one day West Virginia will rule the world.
like my father once said,
Bwaaa haaa haaaa haaaaa!!
Duncan
I was born and raised a WVU boy! I attending the church in Morgantown while you and you family were there. I was there from 1992-1994.
GO WVU!!!! Let's burn some couches!!! (Wait, I did not mean that last part, LOL)
Let's see here, which is more impressive? Beating a bad, unranked team on your home field or going to Notre Dame and dominating the 2nd ranked team in the nation? Go BLUE!!!
Let me get the last laugh
Bwaaa haaaa haaaa haaa!!!!
Ash
Funny... I can see Ashley's mouth moving but all I hear is...
blah blah blah...
Post a Comment