Friday, September 08, 2006

His and Her Bikes and a Sunset


Not long after Josh and I started to settle in, we experienced a Friday night with no plans. We treasure those times of having no plans to just hang out and do nothing because most days there is more to do on my "to-do list" than there are hours in a day.

While we were sitting on our couch trying to decide what to do, Josh said "ok, we are either going to go get a puppy or we are going to buy bikes." Well, I had already decided that I do want a puppy one day, but not for a while, so I said, "let's go get bikes!"

We jumped in the car and drove to the corner where there was a Dick's Sporting Goods, in about 15 minutes we found matching bikes, paid for them, put them in the Jeep and drove home! (This spontaneity will surprise those of you who know I am bad with decisions).

We rode around our neighborhood for quite a while that evening. We have discovered how fun it is, and what great exercise it is to ride to church or friend's homes instead of driving.

So, tonight we ventured out to Stony Park and biked for about 10 miles. When we came over one of the last hills, we saw the most beautiful sunsets I have seen in a while. It was stunning, so many people were just standing watching that big red ball fade away. It is in those moments that I remember that this world has a lot bigger things at play than my "to-do list".

4 comments:

Sean Stockman said...

Preach it kara! Your definitely right on here. Soon you guys are only going to be a 10 min bike ride from us...if that!

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Funny cause last night was Ashley and I's first time out on our bikes this year. It was such a perfect night for a bike ride. I wasn't lucky enough to see the sunset though. But I am quite sore today...I wish those seats had more cushion!

Good picture of the sunset Kara! We would love to ride out at Stoney with you guys sometime.

-Kelly-

Anonymous said...

I love going on bike rides its lots of fun.... To all women pay the 20 dollas for the gel seat! It will save your bum.

I think a group ride needs to be set up! Kara put it on your to do list!! HAHAHA

PatrickMead said...

They say the secret of a long life is diet and exercise. Oh well.