Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sweet Friends



Ok, so the last two weeks has been a roller coaster of events and emotions. We were supposed to close on our house and move in on Friday the 21st.....that didn't happen, and it didn't happen the next day either. To say the least, there were some people really testing my patience!

Finally, we were told we would close on Monday. Great....only problem was that we were leaving on vacation to Florida at 5 A.M. Tuesday morning. Normally, this would be quite stressful, but it actually wasn't. Josh and I have been blessed with the best group of friends and church family that showed up and helped so much. We were all moved in just a couple hours! Here are some pictures to document the day:

This is Josh and I on our way to the closing!

Sweet Sara Barton cleaned my whole bathroom and brought us all pizza and drinks and Kelly helped me out a TON in the kitchen, and it was great to have such a good friend to chat with while cutting cabinet liners!

Duncan and my father-in-law putting together our bed. Below are the guys putting together our desk. Duncan gets the MVP award for all his help all weekend long.

So, thank you to everyone that helped, you being there was such a blessing and meant so much to us.

4 comments:

Sean Stockman said...

Glad you guys finally got settled in! I am sure you both feel a bit more relaxed these days. Sorry we couldn't be there to help! We look forward to coming over to your new place. When is the house warming party? Love you guys

Sean & Tess

Burcham Family said...

Congrats on the new house and two years of marriage!! Doesn't it sometimes feel like you are just playing house? :) It's crazy to see how quickly life can fly by. I hope your vacation was lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house!

I was glad to help but now I cant help you move for the next 2 years.. "man law" ;)

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Congrats on the move. It will be so nice to just relax after everything is in place.