Monday, February 27, 2006




Well, this is my first real posting. I am not sure what I want my blog to be about yet. I don't have any profound words of wisdom or stories to tell, so it will be interesting what becomes of this blog. My idea is that I can keep people up to date on what is happening in the Graves home-especially for our family and friends in Nashville that we don't get to see very much.

Josh and I just got back from a trip up north. For all of you who haven't been to Michigan, "up north" means the upper section of Michigan. Josh and I traveled to Petoskey where he was going to preach on Sunday. We made a weekend out of it and stayed in a Bed and Breakfast. There were three great features of this place, one: they had giant chocolate chip cookies on our pillow when we arrived, two: we could see the Bay from our window, and three: the best Belgian waffles with Michigan cherries for breakfast!

We had a lot of fun walking around the shops and seeing all the snow. Next time we go back we are taking our skis though! It was also fun to go see all the vacation homes that were pretty much twice the size of any house I will ever live in!

So that is a peek into our weekend. I definitely think everyone should experience "up north" at some point in their life: you will discover that Michigan isn't all flat land and factories!

8 comments:

Josh Graves said...

I LOVE you, Kara Kaleen.

Thanks for spending the whole weekend with me.

Ash, Kel n Ella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Good update on the blog Kara! I'm glad you guys had a good trip. I think Petosky is so beautiful. I've never stayed in a B&B before. Think I will have to try it out if it comes with a giant cookie on the pillow! :) We should take a trip "up" in the spring or fall when the colors are out.

Love you,
Kelly

Sean Stockman said...

Ahh beautiful northern Michigan. I lived there for 8 years and I would probably be ok if I didn't ever go back. Alright, that may be a little extreme, but you can definitely get sick of the huge mansions, snotty rich people, and lack of things to do. However, I am glad that you guys had a good weekend. Time seems to slow down while your there, which can be a good or bad thing.

I'll be looking forward to more of your post's. Try to get more creative then comparing two different types of razors (my last entry in my blog).

Love,
The Stockman Family
(but Sean wrote it all)

adam said...

Glad to see that you had a wonderful trip. Sounds like a blast.

You are still a better student than your husband.

And you beat him in the swimming race.

Kara Graves said...

Adam, thanks for remembering that race! hahah, he still won't own up to the fact that I killed him in that pool.

Sean Stockman said...

Ok, we are ready to read more from Kara!!! Next entry please....same with you Harrisons!

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

I would pay money to see Coach Graves on skis!!!

Sean, quit talking up your blog on someone elses blog. Your stealing Kara's blog-thunder.

Ash