Saturday, August 03, 2013

Last Days of Summer Vacation

21 Months. Does this mean in 3 months he will be 2 and I can't call him a baby any more? Sigh. I guess it does. I can't see how he could possibly get any cuter and every day he amazes me by doing it. Lately he is into going around the table and telling us all he loves us. "I yuv yoo yuyu, I yuv yoo momma, I yuv yoo dadda" He has also fallen in love with Lucas' friends Leilei and Crosby and when he sees them at church he yells in excitement. 




GrandDa speaks in Kentucky every now and then and when he does he makes us his bookend stop. Lucas was pretty pumped to go to a big boy movie, and even more pumped when I let him get a red icee and popcorn. 


Otter Creek kids had a playday at the splash pad downtown Nashville. It turned out to be a perfect day. At the beginning of the summer, Finn was very hesitant around the water but now he is all in the whole time. Both of my boys play so well there, stay in the area, and could play for hours and hours. I love just sitting and watching their faces. 



On August 1st (important detail), it is usually unbearably hot and humid in Nashville. As in, the pool is not even refreshing its that hot. So we planned a playdate, it was supposed to be hot and sunny. Nope. 72, overcast, and drizzling rain with a cool breeze. We all hopped in the hot tub instead. Nashville has so confused me this summer but I am not complaining. 


The sun finally came out after lunch and warmed us up, so we definitely needed our big brimmed straw hats to keep us in the shade. 

Later that evening we went for a family swim and it got cool again so I happily wrapped my little buddies up to warm them up. Cold babies= cuddles= mom wins. 


Look who surprised us with a little visit! We loved seeing and catching up with Aunt Megan for a few hours and eating some yummy burritos with her. We sure do miss our Megan.

Be still my heart. In my mailbox, not one, but two snoopy letters. It is all getting real now. . .





No comments: