Above is our stroller sign I had made to distinguish our stroller amongst all the other hundreds just like it. This was just one of the many things we had done months ago as we were dreaming and planning. I almost think the planning is the most exciting as we dreamed about experiences, planned out what rides were priority and what foods we just had to try.
As soon as we arrived in Anaheim, we pulled into our hotel that was directly across the street from Disneyland. I paid the extra money so our room could overlook the park (that was genius if I do say so myself, we watched the fireworks from our beds wearing our pjs instead of fighting the crowds), and I requested a themed room for the birthday boy. He was quite pleased as you can see.
We planned to spend our first evening walking around Downtown Disney- eating at a great Mexican restaurant, going to the Disney Store to get our pins, lanyards and start the Disney Cars buying, and look through the gates in wonder for the next day.
Before we went to dinner, I ironed and laid out the brother's matching shirts:
Waiting in line to get dinner, this boy was in awe and just the sweetest thing to watch as he took everything in. He proudly wore his birthday button which was just magical- every person, whether it was a singer in a show, a character, a Disney worker at a ride or taking the trash out would stop and say , "Happy Birthday!" Magical. And Magically made me cry each and every time. I really think my soon to be 4 year old thought everyone there had come for his birthday.
Walking into Disney with Daddy and Granda.
One happy boy and one proud daddy.
Good night all! See you in the morning Disneyland! (and yes, both brothers had the same matching Disneyland pajamas- you know a trip like this made it a necessity for this momma to plan each outfit!)

No comments:
Post a Comment