Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It's Almost Christmas!

I am sure like everyone else, this season has been busy, busy, busy. And then add a little bit more busy sprinkled on top :) As I sit here catching the blog up on a cold Christmas afternoon and the house is quiet with napping boys I realize how tired I am! We have had so much fun this month, dinners, parties, programs, Santa, cookie making, warm days of playing outside, another Santa, more dinners, and family Christmas Sunday. 

Lately I have just stared at Lucas thinking he looks just like a 7 year old. Seriously, he is growing up so fast and such a sweet kid. Always making us laugh, singing a song, running in circles, helping out, looking out for his brother, and gives sweet compliments and hugs to his mommy. Love this kid so much.


In one week we had 5 dinners. Yes, 5. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.  Oh and on Thursday I had a lunch party too! That was the week that I really thought I was going to forget something and just couldn't get a handle on my to-do list. Fortunately, I didn't take the wrong side dish to the wrong party so all was well. 

One of our dinner parties was with our Nashville family :) God places special people in your world that become your family and this night of eating, laughing, and watching cute boys playing 
just warms my heart.


In the midst of all the parties, Finn turned 14 months old! His hair is getting curlier and longer, his sweet gibberish talk is just heart-melting, I so badly want to know what he is saying. He is steadier on his feet and is so proud of himself for going long distances. He learned how to back down a few steps which is a huge help in our house. He has chosen a lovey that he grabs onto before exiting the crib and goes to when he needs a little soothing so I should probably get a duplicate of his new friend. 


Our Otter Creek staff party is always hilarous, always includes interesting games with lots of rules, and always has lots of yummy food to fill up on. What a great joy to be with this group.

What is next? Oh yes, another party! Ha, this was more of a playdate with the added bonus of cookie making with our friends. The boys were much more interested in playing with each other and just eating whatever we made later. Typical boy.

Lucas finally sat down to decorate a few and he actually did a really cute job! Sometimes I am so impressed at what a 3 year old can do.


The big kids piled onto the couch, not knowing that we were about to pile their siblings on top of them.

And here they all are, Milly was thinking that our idea was not as fabulous as we thought it was.

Lucas' school program was his last day of school before Christmas break. We were so proud of our big man and couldn't wait to see him on the stage. He was pumped too, he had been singing the songs for days and trying to teach us all the words and hand motions.

As he entered, he was waving to everyone. So adorable.
Daddy and Finn led the prayer (and no I wasn't take pictures while everyone was praying, I waited till the Amen and took a fast pic!). Notice who is yawning in the front row. heehee. Preacher's kids.

Every year at the end of their program Ms. Pat asks the kids to sing Jingle Bells again and when they do. . .Santa comes out! He then comes to visit all their classrooms and Lucas was thrilled. 

Ahh, out of order, oh well. This is one cute shot of the program. Of course I have lots of video and photos but I will save you. I also can't post many because there are lots of kids who might not want their picture to be shown on here :)

These two--could they be cuter? I think they could almost be twins. If I ever have a girl, I might need to borrow that dress.


Most of our December has been warm and sunny- t-shirt weather, and definite playing outside weather. It turned a little blustery last week so we broke out the winter gear. 

Family Sunday at Otter Creek. No classes, everyone sits together- doesn't it sound lovely? Well, it sounds lovely but this preacher's wife was a liiiiiittle nervous about how it was going to look in real life.   Just in case the rest of the day didn't go as planned, we took some pictures before we left and melt my heart they took the best photos, and unprompted held hands and hugged. Melt me. Ok, now we can go to church ;)


And wouldn't you know it, they were angels in church! Finn sat beside me and just leaned into me while looking at books and sipping on water. Lucas sang songs and then quietly played cars. Angels. 

1 comment:

Donna said...

Your life is such a blessed one that blesses others, like me, when you share your stories and pictures. Feel free to throw in some video anytime you want! Merry Christmas to all of you!