Friday, January 21, 2011

Play-dates and Preschool

As you can see from the picture below, my little buddy is teething. . .those teeth just won't move quick! Poor kid. He gnaws on everything.We went for the Justin Bieber look today. . .or you could also call this look "my mom doesn't like paying $16 for a haircut".
Saturday was a really exciting day, my wonderful life group friend Laura texted me to let me know her water broke! Now, we didn't know who was hiding in her cute little belly so I had my phone beside me all day in anticipation! Lucas and I went to Target to break up the day (imagine that!) and bought a little brother outfit and a little sister outfit so we would be prepared.

Just before we went to bed Saturday night (as if I would go to bed before knowing!) Griffin Bryant Troup joined this world. He is just so cute and tiny and I love him so much already!
We had a play date last week that was so much fun, these boys are growing up so quickly. Eli and Lucas always hit it off. . .right before they start hitting each other. I guess that is the sign of a good friendship when they play like brothers! Really though, Lucas is still learning to get out of his "independent play" mode, and Eli is one friend that he doesn't hesitate to go play with. So sweet.
All of the kids! Of course we had to bribe with cookies. I think I ended up bribing with three. Yes, it was that kind of day :)
Oh and tomorrow. . .can I tell you how excited but also sentimental I am about tomorrow? At 7:59 A.M. you will find me sitting in front of the computer ready to register Lucas for pre-school at 8 A.M. Tell me that isn't crazy!! I might need a tissue :) Otter Creek School is such a blessing and I am so thankful that Lucas will grow up there and learn from such wonderful women!

1 comment:

The Houston's said...

Love the haircut..or lack of! He's so cute! And thank you for posting a picture of Griffin!!! That's the first one I've seen!!!