Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work and Play

We have two flower beds in the front of our house, one of which is rather large. In that rather large space, the builders planted the cheapest kind of shrub possible (of course) and they were all dead and looked pretty bad.

We decided Monday would be planting day and this is what we did: 2 big mum plants by the door, one mum in between garage doors, 5 knock out rose bushes in the back which will grow to be huge bushes, monkey grass and shrubs in the front and we are just waiting on our white crepe myrtle to plant in the middle!

It has been getting pretty cool here at night, so we have had our windows open the past 3 days and nights straight. I love sleeping under a big blanket when the room is cold and I love even more that I am not paying for that cool air :) To celebrate, we broke out the long sleeved pjs for Lucas. These are our Monday Night Football Pjs. . . .are you ready to catch?
Just skidding by to say hi! Lucas feet were a little cold so I said "we need to get some socks for you". As I went upstairs to grab a pair of his, he went into his daddy's dresser and got a pair of his to hand to me. Smart kid. He enjoyed sliding on the wood floors.
Best buddies forever. I am just continually amazed at how smart he is! He understands so much and is getting so many concepts down like his shapes sorter and following simple directions. He will try to repeat any word you ask him to, half of them all sound the same though.
Some of Lucas' favorite words this week are: "cuck cuck" (means. . .look mom, there is a truck!), "mik mik" (I want some milk), "ehmo" (Elmo), and "see see" (said very high pitched when he is pointing to a plane in the sky).

1 comment:

Donna said...

You should be writing a book...both you and Josh could be published!