Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The countdown has begun!

Lucas, you are definitely more of a toddler these days. You don't look like a baby, and you are learning so much so quickly that you don't act like a baby anymore either, but you will still always be my little baby :)

You are babbling so much these days, no actual words other than "mama", "dada", "ah-da" (all done), and "uh-oh". We are working on "ball" this week. From the moment I walk into your room in the morning, you start talking and never stop, it is so interesting to me, I wish I knew all the things you thought you were saying!

You are busy busy, playing with all of your toys, trying to open all the drawers and cabinets in the house, and you love to shut doors.

You are growing up so much, it was time to get the big boy car seat installed. You seem to be a little squished on space right now, but I am sure that you are going to have a blast with all the space once we turn your car seat around in a few weeks.

The above picture was right after the police installed his new seat. We went to Chick-Fil-A to celebrate and then went home to play in the pool! It was in the mid 80s and super sunny so the water was a perfect afternoon activity.


Our neighborhood has some beautiful landscaping work, so we stopped for some photos. It was hard to get a good picture because Lucas kept eating grass and mulch. He is the pickiest eater and won't eat veggies, but ate grass. Go figure.

Kim and Randy Speck came to Nashville to visit their family and stopped by our house to hang out for a bit. It was so good to catch up with them!


We were on Lipscomb's campus last week for a prayer vigil. Eleven Month Olds and Prayer vigils don't belong in the same sentence, so we did some walking around and I told Lucas all about this college campus that I love so much!
Shaun and Jessica were here! It was so so so much fun to be with them for the weekend. Lucas had his first crush ever, miss Jessica got constant giggles, smiles, pats, and babbling from a certain baby. This same baby was terrified of Shaun at first, he is so tall, I think that is what threw him off. After Shaun taught Lucas to skateboard, they were all cool!
Shaun skating at Centennial Park in Nashville. There were some super cute Ethiopian girls that were running after him just amazed at what he was doing.
I love this girl, she is the most beautiful person, inside and out.

Shaun and Jessica telling their stories to the Otter Creek Youth Group. Their stories are amazing and Josh and I feel blessed to have had our journeys cross in Rochester.
I am pretty excited, tonight, Lucas has a babysitter, and Josh and I are going to a Tokens show at the Ryman. . .Amy Grant is one of the performers! I am kinda excited about going to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with friends beforehand too :)

Have a great week!

No comments: