It had been awhile since Josh and I had been able to enjoy an evening out without Lucas. Don't get me wrong, I love to always be with my little buddy, but it is nice to know that he is having fun with other people who love him while I get to eat a warm dinner with both hands and focus on, as well as participate in adult conversation without sweet potatoes flying through the air or picking up goldfish off of the floor.
So, where did we go? Tokens is a great radio show that is taped live at Lipscomb, it is a great mixture of theology, music, books, and critique of life. Before the show, we met some friends at Cheesecake Factory and had an amazing dinner outside in the sunshine complete with a Snickers Cheesecake.
The show was so good, as it always is. Amy Grant was one of the musical guests and hearing her voice live just brought back so many of my childhood memories.
A few of our friends were involved in the show, and afterwards we spent some time talking to people who attended and made our way down to talk to our friend Merri. While we were talking to Merri, Amy came back out and talked to the few stragglers that were left. Merri introduced us....inside I was jumping up and down! She was so gracious and sweet to talk to. Josh and Amy had a mature, intelligent conversation about life, church, and Brentwood and then here comes the preacher's wife who turns into a 6 year old to ask "can I have a picture with you?"
Ok, so I said more than that, but that is certainly how I felt. It was an honor to meet her and talk to her, I was impressed with her kindness.
No comments:
Post a Comment