Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Catching Up

We are here safely in Nashville and starting to get this house turned into a home, box by box! Actually, more like items out of a box at a time...with a 4 month old it is hard to get one box done in a block of time!


It was pretty cold our last week in Michigan (actually, the whole summer, but especially our last week). The Monday we drove down to TN, my car said 46 degrees. Yes folks, that was on August 31st! Lucas got lots of wear out of one of his sweatsuits. 


Lucas has the best expressions. We took this picture before the movers wrapped up this couch....we couldn't miss a week!
For the past two Sundays, Lucas has attended the cradle roll class at Rochester with Miss Beth as his teacher. It was special to let him do this before we left, not only so he could be in class with his buddies, but to also learn and be loved on by one of my favorite people, Miss Beth :)

Our first family picture outside our house. This was after a loooooong drive in the car. Poor Lucas started crying every time we put him in the car for a few days, I think he though we would be in their for 9 hours again! He really did great on the way down.

Our movers were supposed to meet us at our house on Monday, well they didn't come until Tuesday so we had time to clean and get some little things done. I ended up getting pretty sick on Monday night (great timing!) so I was incredibly thankful that my mom was here. She took care of Lucas and monitored/instructed movers for me while I slept. 

My mom was here for a week helping set up my home and she is a super hero. seriously. I have loved having her here to take care of Lucas, keep me company while Josh is at work, unpack, clean and organize rooms. I don't know what I would have done without her. She is visiting her mom now in Texas, but will return here next week.
Lucas showing off his dad's new book :)
Moving break for Grandma Sugar and Lucas to read a great book that our friends Danny and Kendall gave us.
4 Months old already! I can't believe it. We started him on rice cereal last night and he loved it. I wasn't sure how much to give him the first time but I really think he would have ate whatever I gave him. I was hoping for a good night sleep after that.....but no. Lucas has been getting up every 3 hours again since we moved. I am hoping this doesn't last for too long.
Jackson came to visit! I had so much fun seeing Megan and it was good to get the boys together again.....one boy is teething....what do you think ?!
hanging out at neighborhood pool
Lucas' room is complete, that was my first priority to get him in a place that was familiar. We just have to paint next week!


4 comments:

Donna said...

Very nice recap of your very busy life. Thanks for taking the time.

Melissa Burcham said...

I'm glad you are settling in well. Your house is beautiful!

Kara Miller said...

Lucas' room looks awesome! Sounds like you've jumped right into life in Nashville already. Many more adventures ahead :)

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

Your new house looks so nice! I love Lucas' room. Glad you guys are going well and settling in. Blessings!