Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lucas: The first two weeks!

It has been so much fun getting to know Lucas, watching him discover things, and being really entertained by all his many facial expressions. He is such a sweet, laid back little guy! Josh and I are both tired, but Lucas really has been doing well at night, we usually get 3 hour chunks of sleep.

We had Jennifer Grant, from Kate Linden Studios come and take professional photographs of Lucas. She did an incredible job! You can see our sneak peak picture here.

Lucas has done so good, we have been out on many errands and he just comes along with such ease!

For his 1st birthday, he got a little cake right at 6:12 PM to celebrate, I could hardly believe that a week had gone by so fast! No, we didn't let him have any cake, mommy ate it all by herself! (and not at one time either)





We went out for dinner for the first time, to Azteca, our favorite Mexican restaurant. He did great, slept the whole time while we ate lots of yummy food!
May is the best month to live in Michigan, it is so nice out right now! We went for our first of many neighborhood walks, he was also asleep the whole time  but I think he really enjoyed it :)
For my 26th birthday, we went to Camp Ticonderoga, a great restaurant on the golf course in Troy. They have my favorite club sandwich, and since I couldn't eat deli meat while pregnant, I had waited 9 long months for this sandwich...happy birthday to me! So yummy. We had Maggie Moos Ice Cream cake for dessert and Lucas bought me the prettiest purple dress :)
Here are our 2 week pictures, I think he is such a yummy baby :)


It is supposed to be in the 80s today, so I think we will be venturing out to our first softball game tonight!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend....we are excited to get to the pool!

No comments: