This post is long overdue seeing that we have been back home for almost a week now! Josh had the opportunity to speak at a retreat for the elders and ministers at the Sycamore View Church of Christ in Memphis, TN where Josh Ross is the minister. I just couldn't let Josh see our dear friends, Josh, Kayci and Truitt, without me tagging along! It has been evident that God placed the Ross and Graves families together in this journey of life. It is a blessing to have fellow couples in ministry roles to encourage and support each other.
We had an amazing trip, we were able to relax, spend great quality time with the Ross', eat amazing food, and experience Memphis!
Kayci and I are both pregnant, although you can barely tell with Kayci. She is 13 weeks, I am 29. I am predicting that they are going to have a girl and her name will be Mrs. Lucas Graves one day :)
On Saturday, Kayci, Truitt and I went to the Memphis Zoo. It is an incredible zoo and all the animals were active while we were there. It was also about 60 degrees and I was excited to be wearing my flip-flops!
It was so much fun being at the zoo with Truitt, he just loved it and would
say "bye-bye" to each animal.
Two friends + awesome day + hot dogs and Dr. Pepper= 2 extremely happy prego girls!
The best roommate in the world, who I lived with at Lipscomb, Elizabeth lives in Memphis now while her husband is in medical school. I was so excited to see her, she is truly a blessing in my life. We always seem to pick up where we left off and have so much fun. Elizabeth showed me around the Pottery Barn and William Sonoma outlets, we ate at a really neat deli, and then the most amazing cupcake shop I have ever seen. I miss her already!
This was my cupcake. It was unbelievable.
Josh and I on the roof of the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. This is the hotel where the ducks march down out of the elevator and into the lobby fountain every morning. I just watched the episode of John and Kate plus 8 while they were here before we came so that was fun.
The Ross family :)
Walking down Beale St.
Josh and I with my little buddy Truitt, he is such a fun little guy to hang out
with and I miss him a lot!
Memphis also has an amazing cheesecake place, we got chocolate chip and it was yummy!!
Monday, we went to the Civil Rights Museum. Pictured here is the balcony where Martin Luther King Jr. was shot and killed. The museum is really done well, and it is a chilling experience to see MLK's room, where he died, and be able to walk through the building where the shot was fired from.
More amazing food. This is Gus' World Famous fried chicken and it was the best fried chicken I have ever had. It is making me hungry right now as I type this!
Sun Studios where Johnny Cash and Elvis recorded.
We were able to go see the Memphis Grizzlies play...any Detroiters recognize someone in this picture? We had an awesome suite with food and a great view and the Grizzlies won!
Our only group shot of the trip, thanks for everything Josh and Kayci, you both are doing such great things for the Kingdom and we feel honored to be on this journey with you.
2 comments:
hahahah DARKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like a fun trip! Now we just need to get Josh, Kayci and Big T up here. I'm afraid Josh won't ever come back after I tried to kill him at a Tigers game...too cold!
It was a great trip.
I might just have to go eat at Gus's today. It was awesome!
Post a Comment