When I first found out I was pregnant and left my job at the bank, I wanted to find something to get into while Josh was working and at school. I had heard a lot about Gilmore Girls, so I gave it a try!
It wasn't but two or three episodes in that I had a constant companion on the couch watching with me...Josh. Then it got to where I wasn't allowed to watch an episode without him to the point where we were watching 2-3 episodes a night.
On the surface it seems as if Gilmore Girls is a girl show. It really is not, and we soon discovered that a lot of our couple friends were loving the show together too. The show has such a powerful story of culture and family dynamics, and the dialogue is absolutely amazing.
Well, soon after finishing the last episode, Ashley and Kelly invited us over for a Gilmore Girl's dinner. Which if you have seen the show, means that it is a Friday night where dinner is served strictly at 7PM. We had it on a Saturday, but at 7 PM of course.
Everyone's costumes were so creative, especially John and Sara! John I think has now been voted the coolest Elder at Rochester Church!
Dinner was served Lorelai and Rory style, so we had pizza, chinese food, tator tots, apple pie, pop tarts, and candy bars. Sweet Kelly had a great quiz for us all to take and gave us an awesome Lorelai coffee mug to take home!
We ended the night with watching the last episode together...including singing the theme song for one last time. I will admit, when Josh and I watched the last episode together a month or so ago, I cried. I only teared up the second time :)
Enjoy the pictures :)
Luke, Jackson, and Luke
Luke and Sookie

Group Picture! John and Sara went as Gill and Liz, Kelly was the best Emily Gilmore, her hair didn't move all night and she even had the pearls and posture of Emily!
Sookie, Emily, and Sookie
Sookie Squared :)
2 comments:
that is my favorite show of all time. I think I have seen every episode at least twice. I love the dinner idea!!
Gilmore Girls is my favorite show!! My mom and dad love it too.
Stars Hollow is one of my favorite places to visit and get lost in from time to time. I own all seven seasons.
Post a Comment