Monday, October 13, 2008

More of the story

Well, obviously Josh and I kept our secret for quite awhile so we had plenty of time to think of something creative to use in telling our families. 

We decided to make calendars on snapfish.com that turned out beautifully, I would definitely recommend them for any projects you have. We made "Africa" calendars, except for one very important month. Each month had different pictures from our trip this summer with little descriptions underneath. 

We presented them to both sets of our parents by saying "We really appreciate all the help you gave us so that we were able to have the incredible experience that we did in Africa. We made these calendars for you as another thank you. Why don't you look at the pictures, they turned out so great!"

This is the front of the calendar:

A sample of one of the months:
When our parents flipped to May, it showed quite different pictures than the rest of the calendar. At the bottom it says "Coming this May: Baby Graves"


I thought this detail was cute too. You can probably tell our date
 had to be changed so I had to make some little arrows :)
I was so nervous when it got to the moment that we were going to present the gifts, but it was so fun to watch their reactions, both moms took awhile to digest the news of what they were looking at, it was great. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great idea!! How cute!

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Seriously creative!

Kara, I love the thought of you and Josh being pregnant. I bet your type-a personality will shine brighter than ever before.

I even bet you even have a list going right now:
1. Baby names (Rasheed, Chauncey or TayTay)...check
2. Baby room (color if its a boy or girl)...check
3. Bags already packed for the hospital...check

ash

Ty and Michelle Lewis said...

That's a fun way to share that you're pregnant! Good idea guys!

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

Congrats again on the pregnancy! I love the calendar idea you guys came up with! The baby will change your life in the best way ever.rvagrb