Josh and I finally made it back last night, and when I say finally, I really mean it! We had some frustrations getting home but thankful we were able to make it back safely. I am super jet-lagged today and trying to rest up enough to work this afternoon.
I want to tell you all so many stories about our wonderful experience in Africa and the adventures we had on Safari, but I will start with Paris and go backwards!
We spent the day in Paris on Sunday, we had a layover to see some sights. Leave Paris was a disaster. 10 Minutes before we were supposed to board, all of a sudden, the shops closed and police started yelling (of course all in French) for everyone to move down the terminal. We were putting together the pieces with our high school knowledge of French that someone had left a bag and wasn't claiming it so the bomb squad was called and the airport shut down. There were hundreds of people pushed into different zones, people had to get off the planes and come back. I can only imagine how many thousands were stranded outside while the bomb sniffing dogs and people who were there to blow up the bag were doing their thing.
Now, I agree that when something like this happens, you need to make sure everyone is moved to a safe area. Here was the problem: the Paris airport does not know how to execute an emergency plan and there was mass chaos, no organization, and no clear communication between the police and the airport. On top of all this, everything was in French. Josh and I were in a stair well shoved up against 300 other people for over 3 hours.
So, I am tired and sore! But here are some pictures from our short little visit: More can be found at this link.
4 comments:
Welcome home!! I look forward to more stories and pictures!! Seriously...3 hours in a stairwell?? Yuck! And you brought home the Africa heat:)
Glad you guys made it back home safely!
Kelly
Bienvenue, ma cherie! It is great having you home!
So glad you guys are back! Softball hasn't the same with out JG at first and KG keeping the book!
ash
yay! you are back! come see me and tell me more!!! :)
Post a Comment