So far, so good....at least we are on time still. Chris, Vicki, and Genesis took Sara, Josh and I to the airport Monday morning. Our flight leaving Detroit was late, we sat in the plane for an hour and half before taking off. Well, we knew we would then be close for catching our next flight. Our pilot then informed us that Newark had put us in a holding pattern so we would be doing that for about 15 minutes. About 15 minutes later, we were told that we had to stay in the holding pattern, but we were running out of gas....so he was taking us to Allentown, PA. He was in such a hurry to get down and back up that we literally bounced on the runway when we landed....I am not a fan of air time/bounce-age in landing.
We get to Newark and run as hard as we can to see if we can make our flight. We get there to see our flight to London being pushed away. Ugh. We were transferred to Virgin airlines which was a real hassle (we had to leave the airport and come back through security again), however, Virgin airlines is so cool! I have pictures to post of all the cool things on that flight.
We arrived in London this morning, Josh and I walked around London for a bit and we are now waiting for the next long flight.
I will post some pictures as soon as we get settled in tomorrow night!
4 comments:
Sounds like you have some of your Dad's luck in flights landing on time or rather on fumes.
Glad it got worked out for you. I hope the next leg is a better experience.
HA! The adventure begins! Hopefully, that's the last of the airplane problems! We'll be anxiously awaiting pics and more stories. Glad you're having a great time. Much love to you all.
-chris
Exciting times! We are on the edge of our seats for every update. Love you both!!!
alright- I just saw on facebook that your status says you are there... so hurry it up and post some pics! ha!! Just kidding, hope you all are settling in well, and enjoying being in the Manry's home.
Tessa
Post a Comment