Friday, May 16, 2008

Get-Away Trip to Chi-Town!

I always get two days off a week, but they hardly ever fall back to back. Well, this week, I had Tuesday and Wednesday off so we thought it would be fun to take a spontaneous trip somewhere and we decided on Chicago! I had never been before, and we had a blast together!

This is the hotel we stayed in, The Congress Plaza Hotel. It was really old, but cool. It was on Michigan Ave. and faced the lake!
Across from our hotel was the fountain.My favorite store on the Magnificent Mile, a 4 Floor Crate and Barrel!


Of course we had lunch at the Cheesecake factory and had a Snicker's Cheesecake...yum!Tuesday night we went to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs play, this is continuing our goal of visiting all the ballparks in the U.S. The lead singer for Duran Duran threw the first pitch and led the crowd in "Take Me Out to the Ball-Game!"




We went to the Chicago History Museum, and by far....this was the funnies thing I have ever seen. It was in the Catholic Display and I really think this slogan needs a comeback....maybe on t-shirts?
Josh and I before we started the river tour of the architecture of Chicago...it was really interesting!




The Sears Tower, tallest building in the U.S. with 103 floors. We went all the way to the top!



I want to go back again soon, I am already craving Giordano's pizza and Garrett's popcorn!

2 comments:

Josh Graves said...

You are my favorite road trip partner!

Great photos. I'm glad you found the button. It's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

You need more daybreaks like that. I'm glad you liked Chi Town.

And Happy Birthday!