Thursday, February 07, 2008

Where is my snow day????

Ok. I am just representing the facts here:

Yesterday we had a huge snow/ice storm. At my house there is 2 inches of ice covered with 8-10 inches of snow.

We had to cancel services last night because it was too dangerous out.

My brother has not slept the past two nights because of all the plowing/shoveling/salting to do.

I made soup for my brother and his snow partner last night to warm them up while their gloves were drying in my dryer. They were late to my house because they had to push 9 cars up a hill in downtown Rochester and then avoid a tractor trailor that jack knifed at Auburn/Livernois.

This morning: no one has plowed my road, no one has plowed Auburn Rd., no one has plowed the ramps to 59! And I have school!!

Every school I passed on the way is closed today, but Oakland Univ. has this pride thing I guess where they never close.

And to top it all off...at my 8AM class this morning, our teacher was sick, so instead of e-mailing us that class was cancelled, she had her husband substitute for the second time this week. I just can't catch a break.

3 comments:

Josh Graves said...

I officially declare classes cancelled at OU.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, Princess! I just don't get it. Is OU run by hairy chested types who secretly question their own toughness? Who knows.

Remember when it snowed briefly in Myrtle Beach? It barely covered the ground and melted in a couple hours and they STILL canceled school the next day!

Josh Ross said...

We have a highway 59 too. However, it hasn't had snow on it in a few decades.
All I have to say is that it better warm up in Detroit come late March and early April. I don't own a heavy coat.