

Most of you know this, but saying I am a huge WVU football fan is an understatement. A huge understatement.
Let me just put it this way, when the news was that WVU was ranked 4th (which I don't think I have ever seen in my lifetime), and then LSU lost, and knowing that todays game at 3:30PM would help us move up if we won........it gave me excitement chills just thinking about it! WVU now holds the Big East title with a 66-21 win over Conneticut. WOOHOO!
Next game is against Pitt which is called by us West Virginians as the "backyard brawl". We just need to get on with beating Pitt so we can be in the championship! WOOHOO!
My WVU cheerleader bear is sitting proudly by the TV and I still have plenty of WV face tattoos leftover from highschool swim meets and such to share with all of you. If they make it to the championship game, Josh and I want to fly out to New Orleans and get tickets...if not, all of you are invited to come over for a game party and I guarantee everything will be blue and gold......might even have my brother dress up as the Mountaineer.........
Can you tell I am excited?! There are some couches burning in Morgantown tonight.......
I have been watching some youtube highlights tonight and was reminded of the song "Simple Gifts" that the marching band plays and the crowd sings at every game, the first part of this video is pretty neat.
T'is the gift to be simple
Let me just put it this way, when the news was that WVU was ranked 4th (which I don't think I have ever seen in my lifetime), and then LSU lost, and knowing that todays game at 3:30PM would help us move up if we won........it gave me excitement chills just thinking about it! WVU now holds the Big East title with a 66-21 win over Conneticut. WOOHOO!
Next game is against Pitt which is called by us West Virginians as the "backyard brawl". We just need to get on with beating Pitt so we can be in the championship! WOOHOO!
My WVU cheerleader bear is sitting proudly by the TV and I still have plenty of WV face tattoos leftover from highschool swim meets and such to share with all of you. If they make it to the championship game, Josh and I want to fly out to New Orleans and get tickets...if not, all of you are invited to come over for a game party and I guarantee everything will be blue and gold......might even have my brother dress up as the Mountaineer.........
Can you tell I am excited?! There are some couches burning in Morgantown tonight.......
I have been watching some youtube highlights tonight and was reminded of the song "Simple Gifts" that the marching band plays and the crowd sings at every game, the first part of this video is pretty neat.
T'is the gift to be simple
T'is the gift to be free
T'is the gift to come down Where we ought to be
And when we find ourselves In the place just right
T'll be in the valley of love and delight
When true simplicity is gained
To bow and to bend We will not be ashamed
To turn, to turn will be our delight
Till by turning, turning We come round right
Love them 'Eers!
2 comments:
Go Mountaineers! Right now I am rooting for Missouri to knock Kansas off the top spot. That would move us up... probably. Great blog.
I didn't know this about you, Kara. WOW! I'm pulling for your team this Saturday. As you probably know, I am a die hard Husker fan. No need for any comments. This is a season to forget.
However, I HATE MISSOURI and I hope OU kills them on Saturday.
Post a Comment