Monday, February 19, 2007

Needing Some Thoughts........

We all have someone in our life that we just don't "get". For Josh and I, it is our neighbors. We haven't ever officially met them, just have seen the man from a distance.

Several things they do just don't make sense to me. Maybe it is the yellow buckets they keep at the end of their driveway all year long, or the Christmas Tree (a white, 6 foot tall tree) in their front yard......all year long and only light up for one week. Or maybe it was when the previous owners lived here, the neighbors raked up the leaves and threw them over the fence....when asked about the reasoning behind this, they were just returning the leaves from the tree that was in our yard. Hmm....

Ok, so this one is the craziest one. See that snow pile pictured above? It is at the end of their driveway, and every day, they shovel a path from their door to the mail box and add to the pile. Even on days when if they just didn't shovel, it would have melted! In December, the only snow around was this little pile, almost as if it is there for the snow truck to pick up!

Well now, this pile has grown to about 4 feet tall and 5 feet wide and it probably won't melt till August. I should have been taking pictures every day so you could see how this thing grows!

Ok, so this is what I am wondering....do any of you have ideas as to the thought process that was gone through to where this would make sense?

9 comments:

Burcham Family said...

I sat and tried to think of something but came up with nothing! That is SO weird!! All I can say is what my granny says, "God loves them!"

Sean Stockman said...

So are you saying the huge snow pile is from this guy shovelinf off his side walk? That is crazy! So crazy it kind of makes you want to laugh. I mean...your right Kara, who does that? I can think of plenty of ways to react to this, but none of them are a reflection of my faith! haha

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

I guess I really don't get it either. It sounds like something my grandparents would do.

Jimmy Hoogewind said...

i guarantee God is giggling at the thought of you & Josh trying desperately to figure out how to literally love your neighbor!

Shannon said...

Bizarre! Although the leaf thing...we have one tiny tree in our yard with all 50 leaves in the fall. But our neighbor has like 4 million leaves that fall/blow into ours. Hummm...honestly if she wasn't a widow and like 100 years old I might consider pushing all the leaves back into her yard! I know...I know, not what Jesus would do...but I'm not Him, so!?

Anonymous said...

I tried to think of something funny to say, but I have nothing! This is too funny. Love thy neighbor!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are trying to return it to sender???

The Steckel Family said...

Too funny, Kara! We've had some crazy neighbors too at times. At least now, both seem to be somewhat normal. When we lived in Belpre, OH, we had a man who lived next door who pretty much threatened the teenage boys who visited us with a gun. Yeah...they didn't throw the football anywhere close to his yard after that!!

Anonymous said...

These neighbors of yours sound like they've intentionally decided to think out of the box, not be average and ordinary, amuse themselves and others, and give others cause to take a second look. If you ever need a highly creative solution to something, I'd go and seek their advice. As long as they are not harming anyone by their activities, enjoy!