I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Josh and I were able to spend time with both of our wonderful families and eat lots of cookies!
On an earlier blog I told you about our friend Francis, two weeks ago we were able to get him out of the shelter he was in and he stayed with us until we got him into a great program called SOS. He put a lot of trust in us when we asked him to pack everything up and come to our house and then onto another place but he is thriving and with great people. It won't be long until he has a great job and is back on his feet again!
The highlight of our holiday was on Sunday, Francis came to church with us and then came to my house with my family for a Christmas dinner. We had a relaxing afternoon eating, putting together a puzzle and letting Francis open his gifts. Here is a picture of the three of us:
We are excited for the new year, 2007 is another year of great opportunities. Our work in Cass Park in Detroit with the homeless is at an exciting point of becoming a huge work for us. We both have a huge passion for our "Hope For Cass Park" ministry. Josh will be teaching at the ZOE conferences this year which allows us to travel to some neat places along with Josh running a couple marathons, and starting in January we are starting ballroom dancing classes with some of our great friends!
Happy New Year everyone!
4 comments:
This is a great post I am really excited to hear more about the ballroom dancing! That is really exciting.
Can I get video of Josh dancing? THAT would bring some money on the black market. Or from the students at Rochester College.
Finally Josh you can now show the world what you are really made of. My brothers wedding was just a warm up, haha.
It is a great post, I agree with Caroline. You always have great pictures to share too. You should post a picture of the ballroom dancing when you guys start...how cute!
Post a Comment