Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cookies and Lights!


I had some vacation days left at the end of the year, so this week I used three of them and today was the first day. Although I wasn't at work, my feet and back hurt and I will sleep very well tonight. My mom and I baked all day...and I mean all day...a ton of Christmas cookies. We figured it was easier to make double batches of everything and slit it so we would have plenty for all our different events. We will have a total of 7different kinds, with at least 2-3 dozen of each for each household. So...if you come to my house in the next several weeks we will serve you cookies and lots of them! It was a lot of fun today, lots of giggles and powdered sugar flying in the air. My parrot Scooby really enjoyed the festivities. She would always chime in by saying "uh-oh" when we would drop something.

When I got home, I was thinking that just some Mac N'Cheese would be good and I would get some work done, but my sweet husband surprised me with dinner reservations at Kruse and Meur in downtown Rochester. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and great dessert before walking around outside to see the beautiful light show.

What a great day! Cookies and Christmas Lights!

6 comments:

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

So I heard downtown was putting up alot of lights but my goodness I didn't expect that many!!! I'm gonna have to go check those out. Maybe my husband will take me out to Kruse and Muer (hint, hint). It seems that more people are decorating outside this year...the eighty degree weather maybe the reason :)

Glad you had a great day off!

Kelly

Stephanie Corp said...

My mentoring group is having a Christmas cookie Bake-off contest in a few weeks--sounds like I should get a recipe from you and Scooby... :)

--Steph

Anonymous said...

Josh I did the same thing, but it was for coffee not Kruse, although we did stop and get bread and salad to go. Downtown is amazing! It was really cool to see the lights...

Cookies look good. Our address is.... just kidding! haha

Anonymous said...

geez...lucky! I've never been to Kruse and your husband takes you on a suprise date there! Nice! Pretty lights! And yes, I would like to try some cookies!

Anonymous said...

I want some of these cookies!!!

The Gladd's said...

ha! That's funny! Ben and I are doing cookies today and I just told him a few minutes ago we should drive around tonight and look at Christmas lights! Then I saw your blog and thought "great minds think alike!" hehe Merry Christmas cookie eating!